chatkaredar tamatari chole
- 2 cups Garbanzo Beans
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato Puree or Paste
- 3 medium Onions (finely chopped in chopper)
- 2 cloves minced Garlic (optional as per taste)
- 1 tbsp. Ginger paste
- 2 Green Chilies chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1½ tsp. Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Coriander powder
- 4 tsp. Vegetable Oil / Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 3 tsp. of Chana Masala Powder
- ¼ tsp. Cumin Seeds
- Coriander leaves
- 2 small Onions
- 1Tomato (sliced in Rings)
- Soak chhole/beans overnight in salty warm water with two tea bags. (adding Tea Bags will turn Chana Black in Color)
- Boil Chole/Chana along with tea bags in pressure cooker/Microwave till they become soft.
- On Medium Low Heat, Heat the Pan first and put Oil in Pan.
- When oil is ready (you can throw one cumin seed if it sizzles then oil is ready). Add Cumin seeds.
- When Cumin Seeds splutter, add minced Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Add chopped Onions and add a pinch of Salt and fry till they turn brown (Adding salt while frying Onions makes it quicker to fry Onions)
- Add coriander powder and fry for some time till it becomes light brown.
- Add turmeric powder & chili powder and Salt to taste.
- Add Garam Masala and Chana Masala and again fry for some time.
- Add Pureed tomatoes and fry till the oil leaves from the sides.
- Add chopped Green Chilies.
- Take out the Tea Bags and Add Chole/Chana into the Pan without water and stir so that it gets mixed up well.
- Add the same water which was left in pressure cooker while boiling Chole/Chana .
- Cook the Chole/Chana with gravy for 8-12 min’s till gravy dries (but Chana or Masala should not burn).
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves and ring Onions and Tomato.
- Serve with Puris, Parathas, Chapatis or Rice.